Thursday, February 01, 2007

We Were Sportingly Good

Haiz.................i'm so sleepy. Had a late night again yesterday. But i (or should i say we) had a great time last night. It was the finals and we were among the 55,000 fans at the kallang stadium. We just had to be there as it was the finals and furthermore it was the last competitive match to be played there. Well the stadium will be demolish and rebuild into a sports hub. Gone the stadium maybe, but the memories that we had since the Malaysia cup will be etched in our memories for life.

As usual, i went to the match with my crazy cuzzies. And there was an additional to our group as well, with the inclusion of naz and hajira. So we got seated and started our crazy antics of shouting and cheering. Not forgetting the kallang wave and the famous bu** shouts. The match when well till the 83rd min, when we were awarded a penalty kick by the referee. The Thais were disgust by the decision. In protest towards the decision, the Thais coach ordered his players to leave the pitch. There were commotions on the sideline as the match officials and the organisers had a long talk with the Thais team. We thought that the referee would disqualified the Thais for their unsporting behaviour. But surprising he allowed them to continue the match after halting the match for more than 20 mins. Shame on you referee. Very indecisive and not firm enough to referee the finals.

So when the match resume, we managed to put away the spot kick and relief the pressure that were mounting on the fans. We bravely hold on for the last few mins to earn a well-deserved victory against the Thais. But the disappointment was clearly on the Thai players and officials behaviour. Com'on..........be a sport Thais. Singapore definitely stand firm on it grounds.

Well more stories and pix can be read at Ana, Hajira & Aisah blogs. In the meantime enjoy some of the pix that we took last night.

Reference:
The phrase, " Be a sport and standing firm on my grounds" were taken from Hajira words of wisdom. Copyrights and reproduction of the phrase should be done with the written consent of Hajira.( I didn't asked her though)

3 comments:

HeroineNo7 said...

Do I have 6 sense or what? I somehow knew that was coming right at the bottom of ur entry!

The phrase, " Be a sport and standing firm on my grounds" were taken from Hajira words of wisdom. Copyrights and reproduction of the phrase should be done with the written consent of Hajira.( I didn't asked her though)

Erm...since its in black and white that you didn't ask from me....should I take legal action for copyright infringement?

I shall ask the legal body(read:aysha) for documentation or we'll fight this at the next pictionary game! (if there is!)

Anyway, Naz and I had fun and thanks alot YA....

Oh and pls tell ur brother that I can speak malay! He thinks I know zlich! I pass basic and intermediate theory ok! Heheh...
apalah!

LadyBug said...

woah fad, reading your entry i feel like taking a red pen and circling your grammar mistakes. hahahahaa. (sorry, terbawak-bawak contract review kat sini)

hajira - legally, no case for you. but pictionary i think got chance!!

Fafad said...

Hajira- I think we'll just fight it out on pictionary. Hahaha.

Aisah- Ish.......ish. I'm engineering student wat. Of course lah my english not good. Nxt time i do my entry in Malay or Tamil. Wokay