Friday, January 19, 2007

The Kallang Roar

Hey...........I was supposed to blog this on Wednesday. But i was kept busy by my FYP. Well now i'm into my 1st week of SIP. Which means, six more weeks to go before a well deserve holiday for me.

On Wednesday, I went to the National Stadium. It's been a long time since i've been there. And furthermore it was quite an important match as it will decide Singapore's fate.So I drove up to Yan's place at Simei to meet him at about 7p.m. His sis also went along with us. We reached the stadium at about 7.40. As we were walking towards the stadium entrance, we were stopped by a reporter. We were reluctant to be interviewed at first, but why not since we will be on tv. So he asked our thoughts on the match and also if Singapore will be able to defend their crown. Yan's confidently replied that we were gonna be able to defend our crown. I was a bit pessimistic on our chances. But as long we were to avoid playing against Thailand, then there's a strong chance of us to win the championship.

After the short interview, we went to buy the tickets. Nur and myself paid $2 for our tickets as were still students, while Yan was frustrated as he had to pay $6 for his tickets. We then walked into the stadium. The feeling was great. It reminds me of the Malaysia Cup days, when we often frequent the matches. So we managed to get ourselves the front seats. The match kicked-off at 8p.m. It was a fiesty match overall. I've to admit that we were lucky to get a draw as Indonesia was definitely the better side.

But nevertheless, we are through to the semis now. So bring it on Malaysia. Hopefully we can do well and go on to the finals.



Before the match


Best mates


The aftermath

Here are some pics for u all to view.

No comments: